Wednesday, October 3, 2007

On To Annapurna






Apparently the weather on the mountains has settled now, and the snow/landslides have stopped, so tomorrow my sherpa I set off on a trek around the Annapurna Circuit, which I am now aiming to complete within 18 days. The maximum altitude reached will be at the peak of Thorung La Pass, which at a height of 5416 metres above sea level stands as the highest publicly trekked mountain pass in the world. It's actually higher than the Mt Everest Base Camp, and has a realtive oxygen level of around 55% compared to sea level, so this bit will be taken a little slower.


I should (hopefully) be back in civilisation by about the 22nd or 23rd, so I will put up some photos and comments then. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the very best bro! I love your life!!

rob said...

Go for it Steve! I will be using 100% oxygen strolling along the beach at sea level with Mambo.Stunning pics! Khatmandhu wow!

Candybee said...

Photo's are brilliant but can't wait to hear you are safely back in Kat. Papa is having trouble getting onto your site and reckons the gov is blocking it! Didn't know your sideline was international spy!! hehe