Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Agra to Varanasi



This leg was supposed to be easy. Leave Agra at 9:30pm to arrive in Varanasi at 9:30 am. I had my own bed with air conditioning and everything.


After enjoying a home-cooked dinner on the train platform with an Indian family, I boarded the train and fell asleep within an hour. I awoke to pouring rain, and the train standing still, in a vast green countryside that I had yet to see in India. Apparently we had been that way for 4 hours due to a tree falling over the tracks.

We arrived in Varanasi at around 4:30, making the trip a luxurious 19 hours in duration. The trip included 2 interesting meals, (no idea where they came from), and about 15 chai.

1 comment:

Candybee said...

WHAT is in that cup? Stay safe.....Storm won the footy.enjoyed a big screen showing by the spa! Record 8 people in spa! VERY squeezy