Friday, September 21, 2007

New Delhi, Northwest India



I finally arrived in India, land of cricket, cows and curries full of excitement and ready to immerse myself in a whole new world. Wrong. India is definately winning after kicking my butt last night. A late arrival withou a prior accommodation booking was a bad idea (I tried without sucess from Bangkok), so I ended up in a travel agent at 1am (why was he open I asked?) booking a tour for the next week to ensure I had a place to rest that night.


It turned out to be blessing in disguise, as my driver/tour guide/bodyguard/ all round nice guy, named Mahesh Kumar (I'm calling him Mack) has been fantastic. He took me too his home for breakfast, which was delicious, and I met his wife and two children. The photo here was taken on the roof of his building, which has a 360 degree wiew of Delhi.


Delhi was a bit much for me, too busy and smelly, so we left this morning and are now kicking back in Jaipur, known as the pink city. 200 years ago the entire city was ordered to be painted pink by the guy in charge, and it remains that way today.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your stay bro. Don't blindly trust anybody out there and take care of your belongings :)
Have fun! And ya, visit Bombay if you can.